View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 29, 2001, 12:24pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to DDonnelly19 Send a message via AIM to DDonnelly19 Send a message via Yahoo to DDonnelly19
Quote:
Originally posted by Bfair

Very well put Dennis. However, I will never agree that a runner is forced to re-tag a base, perhaps required to is better terminology.

The PBUC ruling, J/R authoritative opinion, and the Fed casebook all result in the BR not only being forced to vacate (as you put it) but also being required to advance at the risk of being put out if not advancing and touching first base. Whether we want to call this a "force" is really not the issue. The application of the rulings and interpretations is what matters, not the terminology.

Some would rather argue the terminology to muddy the issue.
Just my opinion,

Steve
What in the hell is the point of this argument then? You claim that the BR is required to advance to 1B, where others claim that the BR is given the right to advance, but is not required to -- and all this has to do with what? A PBUC ruling we all agree is somewhat "fishy" to begin with? Well, I'm not required to pay my taxes, I just risk going to jail if I don't...

Please refresh us of the relevance of your argument, because I'm starting to believe you're just being disagreeable.