View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 30, 2004, 08:46am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by WindyCityBlue
This seems amazing. Last week the Altar Boy challenged my assertion that the Major Leagues operated under separate rule books for American & National Leagues. I know that he and the Wizard have NO MINOR LEAGUE EXPERIENCE, but I would have thought that one of them would have tried to challenge my latest post. They seemed to eager to do it before I could back it up. Now, where are they? It seems that the Altar Boy just got thumped again by the "Fed/Juco wannabe".

The two separate books have been around for almost half of a century. Even the new black book for the MLB has a separate section for American League only rules. Since these books are issued to professional umpires, it is hard to get your hands on them. But, they are out there - especially the older versions. It makes for some boring reading, but a bar bet is a definite possibility.
Are you a peacock? It sure sounds like you're trying to show some sort of dominance on something that means absolutely nothing.

Although I can't speak for Altar Boy or Wizard, I hazard a guess that they didn't respond because they don't want to talk to you. Which is the decision I should have made instead of typing this message.

Edit: this simple message was edited so that you think there was originally something complex here.

[Edited by JugglingReferee on Sep 30th, 2004 at 09:50 AM]