View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 27, 2004, 01:17pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Z, it is called an opinion.

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman

It's not running away. If the coach is heated and you know that he will vent on the official that called it, the FED gives you the option of having your partner do the notification. Just another tool if you think it would help.

Z
Relax, it is an opinion. I do not expect everyone to agree. I feel it is running away (always have btw) when you call the foul you want another official to answer for your actions. Of course it can be a tool, but not a very good one. The reason this change was made in the first place is because officials would always run in the other direction when there was a conflict. The mechanic helped with this. I do not give a damn if a coach does not like my call. I just know I am the better person to tell the coach what happen when I make such a critical call. Not a partner that did not see the play or might not be sure of what actually happen.

Peace
I'm relaxed just fine. You have your opinion and guess what, I get one too. Last year my young partner was getting grief from a coach for a call. Shortly thereafter, he called a 5th foul on one of the coaches players. I just walked over and told my partner, "I got it" and sent him away from the coach. I notified the coach and then told the player and had the timer start the 30-second timer. It's a good tool to use when you need it and I'm quite certain the coach would have used the 30-seconds to create a conflict had my partner done the procedure.

Z