View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 27, 2004, 12:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jstone999
Could you tell me ASA's thinking for not putting its rules on the internet? I know that those of you in the States can get them easily enough, but it should would be a great help for those of us abroad to be able to read them.

Just wondering,
Jeff
A few reasons. One is that ASA sells advertising space to help subsidize the process. Putting it on-line would violate the contractual agreements with the advertisers.

Another is that an ASA-registered umpire receives the book as part of their registration. What benefit is that if it is just open to all who don't have to pay for registration.

And another is the thought of placing a weapon in the hands of an untrained shooter. Okay, a little melodramatic, but how often do we all run into folks who swear to have read the book from cover to cover only to not be able to connect the necessary dots? Or those who only read the parts that benefit their argument though it is quite clear their argument is dead if they just turn the page?

You can get a copy if you purchase the mechanics CD, the rule book is included.

I have had conversations with NUS about including on-line access through registration in a password-controlled environment. I was told it would be discussed, but I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting on that to occur.