Thread: Blown Call
View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 26, 2004, 09:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser
Quote:
Originally posted by Snake~eyes
Good comments, even though the kid got chewed I'm sure he will take it back after he sees the game film and blame the refs.
I'm most proud of my crew on flags that weren't thrown.

I'm following the quarterback flushed out of the pocket Friday night and there was a CRUSHING block from the side on a pursuer -- the block was definitely not from the front and the recipient of the block didn't see it coming -- but, contrary to popular belief, was a perfectly clean hit. Wing man saw it as did I. And then he got the pleasure of hearing crap from the sidelines -- the usual, "Someone's gonna get hurt" blah, blah, blah.
I was working HL Friday night and there is a long runback on an interception return down my sideline and a B player delivered a solid hit to the side of an A player. It was perefectly clean. The R (who was trailing by quite some distance "parachutes" a flag near the spot of this block. At the end of the play, coach on my side (who intercepted and saw the clean block) wants to know the number of the offender. R didn't get it. It is possible he saw another BIB but my gut tells me he flagged what I was certain was a clean hit. Coach wasn't too happy but didn't press it AT ALL!

Watching the local sports highlights the next day, they showed a highlight of that exact play and it looked clean (again) and the sports announcer then says, "and I believe this hit drew a flag. Looked clean to me."

Yeah, me too.

[Edited by mikesears on Sep 26th, 2004 at 10:34 PM]