Thread: Do you ever!
View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 25, 2004, 09:24am
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bagman62
In Championship Game of a 14 under "A" following a no call on a fly ball to the infield where there was no catch with a diving effort the banter started for 1 and 1/2 innings. As the coach was passing HP to go to 3B box I said "Coach and I know you and the girls will be here at the end of the game, I sure hope your fans will, he sais OK and then in a loud voice said "Great No Call on that inield fly" the fans quieted down and we finished with a good ball game thanks to the coach. When it goes too far I find most coaches can and will assit in resolving the problem.

Bagman62:

In my post in this thread of Sep. 23, 2004, I said:

" My advice is that no matter how stupid, inane, and/or obnoxious the spectators get, just ingnore them and then when the game is over you and your partner can have a nice post game libation somewhere else and ROFLYAO at how stupid they are."

And I continue to repeat it. Ignore the fans and forget them. You were lucky in the game you referenced in your post above that the coach was a gentleman. You could have easily gotten a response from him that could have gotten him an "E" ticket to the showers. Just INGNORE the fans.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio