View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 22, 2004, 09:56am
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ron Pilo [QUOTE]
I was at a training clinic last night and the scuttlebutt for the west side is almost all leagues are balking at the idea.

Yep.

I heard, the problem was the 3-person was communicated to them at the end of the summer and most were not ready to jump on the wagon.

Not true. Todd Stordahl has being working with them and communicating with them about this for years and almost non-stop since the end of last season. The schools are balking because they don't want to get hit with an officiating price increase after the 3-year trial period. They are satisfied with 2-person officiating and think it's a waste to pay for 3.

I suspect that we will do more 2 then 3 this year and we will see 3 at league and district playoffs before heading to state.

I have heard only 2-person at districts too. Just 3-person at state but I don't think that's hammered out yet.

I will be going to a state tourney somewhere this season....I think B in Spokane of 2A in Yakima.....two I haven't been to yet.

Good luck Ron. You should do well since you do 3-person for JC ball. The refs who do strictly high school ball have no chance at looking good in 3-person after doing 2-person all year. I expect another state championship from you. I just went two years in a row so I'll be sitting this year's state tournaments out.

Z