View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 26, 2001, 04:29pm
Do not give a damn!!

Thumbs down Re: Blame CBS for Walton's knowledge

Quote:
Originally posted by bigwhistle
Not saying that Walton is a great analyst, but in this instance he does have a bit of an excuse. His expertise is with the NBA game, where goaltending occurs if the defender hits the ball after it touches the board. Of course, this is not the rule in NCAA or federation. But CBS wanted him for their telecasts, so they should get blamed for that ONE thing he was wrong on.

By the way, whoever has called the perfect ballgame is the person(s) who should be criticizing the announcers. Everyone makes mistakes, and as officials, we don't appreciate it when others make a major issue of our missed calls. I realize here that we are just watching our brothers and sisters' backs who are still working. Just food for thought.
This has nothing to do with CBS and their fault. It is the responsibility of the announcer to educate themselves on what level they are doing. If they are going to be as openly critical as Walton is, at least have enough common sense to know the rules and the differences. I am sure the rules were not the same in HS and college and the NBA during all his time of playing.

All most of us are saying is that people all over the world watch these telecasts. I believe that in anything in the media, you should not go off talking about rules or anything if you have no knowledge of what the hell you are talking about is wrong.