View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 21, 2004, 08:58am
Official Forum Member

Lately I have been calling with some partners who feel the need to remind coaches on how to approach and question a call during the plate conference. The line usually goes something like this: "Coaches, if you have a question about a call make sure that you approach the official who made the call in a respectful manner and we will then get together and decide what we both saw."

My question(s) is this: How many of you feel that this should be part of the PC? Should we be coaching coaches on something that they should already know?

To me, this is almost an invite to question us on all of the close calls. I have gotten to the point that when a partner feels compelled to include this as part of his PC, I add in something along the lines of "but don't bother to approach either of us on a question strictly based on our judgement." I then give them a quick demonsration of what is and what is not a judgement situation.

I am just of the mind that this particular topic should not be discussed at the PC, unless it is brought up in a question by one of the coaches. I will be interested to see what you all think.

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.