Thread: Girls' Uniforms
View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 20, 2004, 02:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dakota
Quote:
Originally posted by WestMichBlue
I will not fight this! There are too many other battles to be won during the game that are far more important. I don't even care if the shirt is out on offense. I make sure the coach knows that a ball striking loose clothing will not get a girl a trip to 1B, and they might be called out if a tag is applied to loose clothing. Then we play the game.

WMB
I agree with your sentiment here, WMB, with regards to being the "fashion police."

NFHS seems to take these kinds of things more seriously that do other bodies (even allowing for contest results to be overturned due to uniform violations protested after the fact).

In routine games, I ignore shirt tails, and would "not see" a hit "jersey" for a base award. However, I wouldn't tell the coaches this ahead of time.

In state tournament or other critical games (in ASA-speak, Championship Play), I enforce the uniform rules.
I gotta say I genarally ignore "tucks" also. Not gonna discuss it with coaches before the fact either. I really can't tell what the manufacturer designed for the shirts, and don't really care. Now if the shirt is much too large and hanging out close to the strike zone I would do something. Most HS teams really don't have very loose uniforms. Tucked in shirts were not an issue at our GA HS clinics, but different color underwear, and bandanas were.

Here's the good part. This year in Georgia, we've been told games are NOT protestable! This is in response to an allowed protest in a football game from last year which had to be partially re-played. I would imagine also this will be the norm for the 2005 baseball season also.