Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally posted by mikesears
Sorry for long post.
You should be ashamed of yourself.

Quote:
Originally posted by mikesears

Here is where I need advice

I explain to the coach that the umpire witnessed his QB dancing in the end zone and was penalized for UC. I figured he would go talk to the kid. Instead, he says, "What about when they scored and their player through it out the back of the endzone. Isn't that unsportsmanlike conduct?"

First, if it happened it wasn't seen (and we dont' think it did happen). Second, as described, the player had run through the endzone and simply dropped the ball. Nothing unsporting about that.

Honestly, I was a little suprised that he tried to turn this around on the other team that I just walked away from him. But I should have known he wasn't going to accept the explanation anyway. His body language was closed. (Arms crossed. Chin up. Narrow eyes).

my question

How do you respond when a coach tries to turn a situation around on the opposing team?
I think that the visiting coach is just trying to be an idiot and is doing it very well. Responding to a person is this state of mind will only add fuel to the fire he's hoping to start. It seems from your post that you know exactly what happened on the other TD.

A simple answer is all he needs, something like "there was no foul on that play" or the aforementioned "we didn't see it that way."

I've had sitches where I've asked the coach a question where the obvious answer will require the coach to think about his team. Granted this could backfire, because his thoughts might not be the obvious answer, but it had so far so for me. Maybe that's useful here.