View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 16, 2004, 05:43pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by DownTownTonyBrown

My point was that the coaching box definition (1-13) says that it's only use is to coach and instruct players. And that use, of coaching and instructing, is what I assumed the coach would lose.

It's great to see some rules discussion starting again!
The purpose and intent of the rule, as I think that you already know, was to always allow a coach to instruct and...well...coach. The only way that he could ever lose those particular rights was to get that 2nd. T. You can't coach and instruct that well from the parking lot. The FED just didn't want coaches on their feet yapping at the officials and putting on a show. That's why the seat-belt part of the penalty was enacted; the idea was that maybe some coaches would think of the consequences of getting T'd up. Imo, if you still let 'em roam after they get a T, you're defeating the purpose of the penalty, as well as making the job of the next crew in that much harder if they haveta T up that coach too.

Geeze, Tony, are you tired of the scintillating rules discussions taking place over on the baseball forum? Don't you wanna be the Editor-In-Chief any more when you grow up? Heeheeheehee.......

Btw, in FED baseball, can't you restrict a coach/manager to the dugout also if he's giving you a hard time? Or something like that? Same concept maybe?