View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 16, 2004, 04:17pm
Official Forum Member

Perhaps some reconsideration of your answers is needed...

I'm looking in an older book ... Holy cow 2001-02! That's bad. I don't even have last year's book here to reference.

However, Rule 1-13 "By state association adoption, the head coach may be off the bench in front of his/her seat with the confines of the coaching box to give instructions to his/her players and/or substitutes..."

Removal of that "coaching/instructional" priviledge due to a technical foul does not mean the coach cannot still be involved in the game ... such as asking questions of an official... and the other activities delineated in 10-5.

Personally, I would NOT tolerate trivial/petty questions that are intended to push the limits and see if he really could do a little more standing and coaching. Allowing that, would definitely be a slap in my partner's face. However, asking legitimate questions in a mature, professional manner should still be allowed. He/She is still a participant and has only lost his/her standing to coach priviledges. Questioning the lane violation may well be the petty question I would not allow. HTBT.

I'm sure someone will point me to case play or the appropriate rule if I am wrong...

[Edited by DownTownTonyBrown on Sep 16th, 2004 at 05:21 PM]