View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 16, 2004, 01:06am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by cloverdale
in a recent game my partner who was the R had T'd the coach for going off on him...loss of coaching box...later in the game I called a lane violation, on ensuing O.O.B. I hear him asking (politely)for an explanation...as I'm running by I give him an quick explanation and the game goes on...on reflection would it been better to tell him he needed to set back down and spend a time out for explanation, due to loss of box, or handle it as i did? I'm more concerned for not supporting my partner's T rather than defusing a tense situation.
If he asks in a reasonable way, and then sits back down, I'd definitely skip anything disciplinary or instructive. It sounds like what you did was fine. You don't want to re-inflame him by appearing bossy, or legalistic. THe point to the seat belt rule is to get the coach to back off. If he backs off the abuse or the harrassment, that's backed far enough, although I wouldn't let him keep standing and standing. But if he's more or less staying seated, you're fine. Don't sweat the small stuff.