View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 10, 2004, 10:54am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge

I think a lot of this is inherent in baseball umpires for some reason. I have never seen the other boards argue with each other over an article or the credibility of the writers. That just blows my mind. I know on the basketball side, there is a writer who is a long time poster. I have never once heard anyone talk about their writings or make an issue with something they do not agree with on the website. There probably has been some discussion, but never accusing people of not knowing their stuff and calling them out as a result. And the criticism is coming from guys that claim they have worked the top levels. That is amazing to me.

I am not suggesting that other officials in other sports do not have their disagreements, but there are people here that go after people with so much venom it really troubling.

Just my opinion.

Gotta agree with that too. Some of you baseball guys just don't seem to like or respect each other very much at all, do you? Do you honestly think that your own stature is gonna magically grow if you belittle others?