Thread: Forced Re-Kick
View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 10, 2004, 09:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mikesears
Quote:
Originally posted by Theisey
No, there is no such thing as a forced re-kick. It was simply a case where a Referee with a microphone made an incorrect assumption and therefore an incorrect statement to all that were listening to him talk.

He needed only to say a few things such as what the foul was, who it was on (team and number) and what the next down will be. Give a mic to a ref, and who the heck knows what will come out of his mouth!
It seemed he had first game of the season jitters or something. I've seen him work a number of times before and he is usually pretty good with the microphone. Last night, he seemed like he was trying to offer explanations (instead of standard "Foul, Team, Player #, yardage assesses, and down number) and he couldn't get the correct words to come out.
I noticed the same thing, especially stumbled when patriots spiked the ball. Seemed like some jitters to me.

Quote:
Originally posted by ref18
I'm just trying to think who the really good WH is for explaining stuff to fans, it's either Hichuli or Kukar, one of the two, I guess Carey was trying to emulate the greats.
Ed Hochuli is the one with the good explanations, he also did the Superbowl. Bernie Kukar is another good R, he's the one who took the hit in the giants game.