View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 01, 2004, 08:22am

Have you ever kicked a call...I mean a really bad call, that you could probably make in your sleep? The coach comes out and says, "Are you blind? That was the worst call I've seen this year. You'd better go back to T-Ball and get some practice." or some variant. What just happened? You made a horrible mistake and someone called you on it. You were a bonehead and a couple of names were thrown your way. You are supposed to be thick skinned, but it stings, because you know you can't argue with the guy...HE WAS RIGHT. So you eat it.

This is not Rut's M.O. He jumps into conversations and throws out ridiculous statements all of the time. he can't support them and when he gets challenged he starts twisting and turning from the original topic and what got him into trouble.

Acoountability is what it is about these days. Make your call...if it's wrong and you can make it right with the help of your crew, do it. If not, have the balls to admit that you kicked it. We are not privy to a lot of the face to face stuff. But I bet you a dollar to a donut that you've had guys say stuff like, "Skipp, if I had to do it all over again, I might have called it differently. We talked and none of my partners had a better look. You know we're trying like hell out here."

Rut is of the school that you can have an opinion about anything and don't need experience, facts or figures to support them. The battle that I wage with him is confused with "Big Dog vs. Lil' Dog". When I was young, I learned that you don't nip the heels of the Big Dog unless you want to get bitten. He apparently didn't.