View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 31, 2004, 04:52pm
Do not give a damn!!

Question What does the IHSA Playoffs have to do with this discussion?

Quote:
Originally posted by WindyCityBlue

Your heading for your initial response tipped all of us that you are not an expert on MLB, you didnÂ’t need to tell us.[/B]
I never claimed to be a MLB expert.

Quote:

You should watch those shows once in a while. Not because, you wouldn’t make a comment as inane as “I just found it odd that MLB was allowing umires to give interviews.”[/B]
Why, so I could fall asleep?

Quote:

Instead, you wonÂ’t make the same mistakes and maybe youÂ’ll get past the first round of high school baseball playoffs in Illinois.[/B]
I did not realize that was a major goal. I guess we all need goals.

Quote:

Oh, I had little doubt that you would not feel comfortable with officials being accountable to the world.[/B]
You are right. I want to be accountable to the media, then the people that understand the mechanics and the umpiring process.

Quote:

So, yes, we will agree to disagree. I believe that we are headed in the right direction. Letting officials hide behind bogus calls is wrong for the game, recruiting of new officials and just bad PR. [/B]
I did not realize that having every game on TV was hiding. I guess the USC-VT game on Saturday had little scrutiny because the officials did not give an interview about an OPI call. You know, there were not any evaluations from the assignors or NCAA evaluators because they did not stand up in a press room and answer questions about a critical call.

Windy, did you come here to have a discussion of the issue or did you come here to try to get into another pissing match? Go back to your organization and claim you are the best umpire to them. I think the rest of us do not care.

Peace