View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 27, 2004, 05:37pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally posted by SeanWest
I don't mind filtering out threads that discuss Canadian rules...
That's too bad. Learning about the game of football through it's history is very interesting. For example, I more fully understand many rules and philosophies because I have learned the history of football and the history of rugby.

In text that I've read, football came to Canada in the first half of the 1800's, and depending on which source you read, about about 5-10 years before it hit the United States. As it stands right now, Canadian football is much more closely related to it's rugby uncle than American football. There were even American rule changes brought about in the 1800's that were changed to resemble or be identical to the Canadian game.

Has learning about a PSK or a CA foul hurt my application of Canadian football? Nope. Has learning about the history of this great game helped? You bet it has Amigo!

Respectfully,

Mike

PS: The number of threads that contain only Canadian content is, from what I remember, one. I think you meant that you skip the Canadian Rulings messages, and not filtering out the entire thread.

[Edited by JugglingReferee on Aug 27th, 2004 at 06:40 PM]