View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 27, 2004, 05:06pm
Official Forum Member

I don't disagree with JRutledge and cmathews. What surprises me are the couple of people on this board who can't stop themselves from turning a heated debate of the rules and mechanics into a personal ego trip and name calling session. I would have thought that as officials, people who are supposed to show restraint, be objective, and have cool heads, that people on this board would at least display a little more maturity.

My request for people who post here is this: obviously you can't control a fool who has to degrade the conversation to first grade levels, but you CAN control YOURSELF from acting like a first-grader and keep the discussion on topic and from spiralling downwards. Where the moderators need to come in is when two (or more) fools get going and a thread gets out of control (as has happened here at least twice in the last couple of weeks).

Second request: If you have personal "history" with someone that requires you to fight then keep it in your own personal e-mail. That's not why we come here and this isn't your personal boxing ring. Nobody cares which of you can piss farther. If someone you don't like says something off-topic you don't like then take your own advice and ignore it. Posturing on this board is not going to get you a playoff spot or gain you more prestige with your crew or association. And it certainly isn't going to win you friends on the board.

Just for the record, I do skip threads that don't apply to me or those that have gone off-topic. I don't mind filtering out threads that discuss Canadian rules but I resent having to sift through posts that are off-topic ego boosting, especially because that BS usually starts in a legitimate thread. If you just can't help yourself, start a thread that's titled "My Petty Catfight" and at least then the rest of us will know to skip over it if we don't care.

-SW---
"Don't feed the Trolls."