View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 27, 2004, 12:40pm
Do not give a damn!!

Sounds great, but will never happen.

I have been here a long time. The internet is a place where things can be said behind a computer screen that would never wash if said in someone's face. Just because we are officials does not mean that will change. Go to any discussion board or chat room and you will always have fighting or words back and forth with members. It happens here all the time with all kind of officials in all kinds of sports. Will that turn some off? Of course it will. But the moderators are not going to be able to stop all posts that have a personal twist. There are many threads that take place where unless you know the history between people, you will never truly understand the fight. There are some people that will never get over a conversation they had in 2000.

This is a great place to learn, but it is not the only place. I would hope that any official takes this place for what it is and worries more about what goes on in their area. Most of the time we are sharing opinions and those opinions are not going to be something any of us need to worry about. Unless you are on my football crew, what you say or do here is not my concern. You could even be in an association I belong to, I still would not care.

It is a great goal to just have people talk football and football issues, but officiating brings out the best and the worst in people. Most people are very competitive and want to advance or get playoffs or head a board one day and that all comes out here. I belong to several associations and if there is fighting with fellow members about all kind of issue; you really think that will not take place here?

Read what you like, do not read what you cannot stand. Life will go on and so will this board despite all the fighting and personality conflicts that happen from time to time.

Peace