View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 24, 2004, 09:43pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by ref18
I've got 3 T's

1. Illegal entry.

2. 6 players, because of the nature fo the play, and the ball not becoming dead on the official's whistle, we have a ball that is still live, and therefore, 6 players on the court with a live ball is illegal.

3. Unsporting Foul, if this isn't an unsporting act, than what is.

I'd only count 1 and 3 as indirect T's toward the coach. Because B6 becomes a player upon an illegal entry when the ball is live, therefore is no longer bench personel when this T is called. And since the unporting act started when the player was still bench personel, the coach should also be penalized for it.

Those are just my thoughts on the subject.

ref18:

Read my post from last night. If the official sees B6 enter the playing court illegally Team B cannot be charged with a technical foul for having six players on the court. B6's technical foul for illegally entering the court negates Team B being charged with six players on the court. Since the official saw the illegal entry by B6, then the second, and only other technical foul that can be charged against Team B is an unsportsmanlike technical foul charged against B6 of interfering with A1's field goal attempt.

Now, lets look at the original play in a different way. Lets assume that the officials did not see B6 illegally enter the court and did not realize that Team B did not have six players on the court, until B6 blocked A1's field goal attempt at the buzzer. The only infraction that can be penalized is Team B having six players on the court.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio