View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 19, 2001, 05:15pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: If you have their manual then you already know!

Quote:
Originally posted by L.G. Dorsey
Warren,

Ease up a little bit. I don't know how you get "rude and ill-intentioned" out of that first post. I think what the guy wanted to know was something about these guys other than the fact that they worked for Brinkman and wrote a manual. I have always been curious as to the fate of these guys for know other reason than curiosity. I think Carl's post answered all of the questions he had, without jumping on him. Not everybody on this site is ill-intentioned, try giving people the benefit of the doubt...

Lawrence
Point taken, Lawrence. If I have misjudged Rex's intentions here I sincerely apologise.

I keyed in on the fact that Rex admitted having two salient pieces of information: their manual, with its comprehensive Preface indicating the origin, sources and purpose of their manual, and the knowledge that they were both instructors at Brinkman's school. What more could anyone need to know in order to value their authoritative opinion?

Is it relevant that these gentlemen never rose above AAA level in their own officiating careers? I don't think so. Many of the officials they trained through Brinkman have certainly have made it to the highest level. That should be all that matters. I felt that wanting to know more was only necessary if one wished to devalue their contribution. If I'm wrong about that I sincerely apologise.

Cheers,