View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 20, 2004, 09:30am
Official Forum Member

Ok, I am an official but due to DD playing JV I am spectating alot this year. Had a call (3 of the same calls) in Varsity match, that I couldn't justify to the other fans last night. Here is play, our 3rd hit is heading to net, it hits the tape at the same time it blocked by other team, and heads sharply out of bounds. Up official rules that is never cleared the net. Now what am I missing here?? On the 3rd hit you can block the ball over the net, or at least hit it at the plane of the net meaning the ball does not completely clear the net, correct?? So if the other team blocked it and it went out of bounds, who is that not a point for us? If they would have left it alone (no one will know if it would have cleared the net or not) and it did not clear the net then no brainer it was our fault, their point. But since they hit it don't they take responsiblity for the ball going out of bounds? When coach qhestioned call the only response he got was "the ball never cleared the net coach". What say you all? As an official I am very good at not bad mouthing other officials from the stands, he/she must have had a better angle than me, they saw something I didn't etc. But this one made me feel like they flat out missed this call. Am I missing somethign???