Thread: Australia v USA
View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 20, 2004, 03:02am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Oz Referee
Well, at half time of the game last night (my time) I was all set to get online and start laughing about how funny it was going to be for the USA to not make it through the preliminary rounds.....but they finally got their act together. As my younger brother put it, they finally realised that to beat a zone you have to play like a team and pass the ball around and stuff

As far as the refereeing goes - wasn't overly impressed...couple of very suspect foul calls. Especially on Duncan and some of the ofensive calls were VERY odd.

What did you guys think?
The game aired out West at 4:30AM. I'm glad that I got up for it before work.
1. I saw real effort and emotion out of those guys. The played unprofessionally, like enthusiastic kids. Great!
2. They played DEFENSE from the 2nd Q on. The 4th Q was smothering.
3. To beat the zone they used their superior jumping ability and threw over the top for dunks.

4. I think that the foul on Bogut of Australia (plays for Utah) was clearly the worst of the tournament. He stood flat-footed in the lane with his two hands up and together. The USA player (Marbury, I think) rammed the ball into his hands and bounced back. Bogut remained motionless.