Thread: Magazine Format
View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 17, 2004, 02:52pm
Official Forum Member

I used to subscribe to officating.com and the reason I do not anymore has nothing to do with the quality of articles, etc. but the fact that it is strictly PC based.

During the summer months, I along with most of you are doing a plethora of games, and except for some spare moments at work, I do not have time or am simply too tired to turn on the Computer at home. I basically review my E-mails approx once maybe twice a week during the busy season of umpiring unless I am expecting an E-mail from someone.

I personally like the magazine format of referee. You can always keep the magazines in a folder, etc. and catch up on back issues when you get the chance to read them. I know you can print the articles from the paid site, but IMO it's not like having the magazine to refer to.

I do not know if a marketing survey was done to see if in fact, a magazine format was available, sales would increase.

IMO, it's like the progression of Papa C's BRD. The first copy I had looks nothing like his latest version which is well indexed and in a nice neat spiral format for easy research.

Pete Booth