View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 17, 2004, 07:45am
Official Forum Member

Game AUS - TPE??

Does anyone know what happend during the game between Australia and Chinese Taipei?
Quote:
ATHENS, 16 August - Comments from Australian player Tanya HARDING after the 1-0 win against Chinese Taipei.

Tanya HARDING (AUS) - Pitcher

On her pitching:

"I think I did well in containing the hitters. They have got some good hitters in there and we have faced them a lot this year."

On the controversial winning run:

"We were confused as to what was going on as well. I know they called obstruction but they called obstruction on the fielder not on the runner. You have got to feel for (Chinese) Taipei."

On sportsmanship related to the controversial play:

"It was not bad sportsmanship. That is just their culture. That's just the way they play. I am sure if it had happened to us we would have protested and done as much as we can to have got the score changed. That is what happens. Sometimes you get the calls sometimes you do not. You just have to go with it."

On the win:

"It is a bit of a relief. Realistically, coming into this tournament, winning every game would have been a tough task. Our goal still is to finish in the top two."

ATHENS, 16 August - Comments from HUANG Hui Wen (TPE), CHEN Shi Kwei (TPE) CHEN Jye Yen (TPE) and NI Chao Liang.

HUANG Hui Wen (TPE) - leftfielder

On the third loss:

"The loss happened only because of the (umpire's ruling). It is unfair to the Chinese Taipei team."

On the next games:

"We will play as usual. We will treat the next game as all the other games."

CHEN Shi Kwei (TPE) - technical administrator

"They cannot judge like this. When the Australian runner ran from second base to third, this should have been judged as a defensive interference because it was a dead ball. Instead (the umpire) did not do anything."

CHEN Jye Yen (TPE) - assistant coach

"Canada has already lost two games. Maybe the chief umpire wanted to give some chance to (the Canadians). These mistakes are not supposed to happen."

Ni Chao Liang (TPE) - head coach

"The quality of (the umpire) is questionable. The Olympic Games is the best tournament and in this tournament there should not be this kind of a mistake."
We don't get any pictures here in Germany so maybe someone can help me here.

Raoul