View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 16, 2004, 11:31am
Official Forum Member

Re: Slow Down ?

Quote:
Originally posted by cbfoulds
Huh? Didn't the original post say that R3 "intentionally" deflected the ball to "prevent it rolling fair"? Granted, I've never had anyone boneheaded enough to try that [yet], but I am sure it will happen in one of my games eventually.

Now, like AtlBlue, if he "deflects" a foul [on the ground or in the air] which has no chance of becoming fair or being played on, I've got nothin' but a foul ball: but let's not forget to read what the original question was, OK?

--Carter
You've made the mistake of thinking my post was only directed at the original post. Your response would be well taken if there were no other post between the original and mine. However, there are a couple, and the "thread" seemed to be drifting away from the fact that this was 'originally' an intentional deflection. My post by itself will stand alone. It also addresses the original post and those other posts made prior to mine.

You posting of an applicable rule doesn't meet both situations of intentional and non-intentional because it doesn't say anything about intentionally deflecting a ball that might become fair. As you have quoted it, it says you deflect a foul ball and you are out.

7.09(c): runner "deflects the course of a foul ball in any manner;" - runner is out and ball is dead.

Sooo lawyer dude... it is Monday. And my brain may not be fully operational yet.