View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 13, 2004, 04:39am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to cowbyfan1 Send a message via Yahoo to cowbyfan1
Froemming said he had Nomar across the bag and that when he saw the replay after the game, he realized he missed the call.
I thought I heard on ESPN that he also said he did not have the best angle on it.

Blues also missed a homerun in the Colorado game. Ball was clearly over the fence. As I recall there was no runners on and the ball hit to right/right center so Wally Bell (2b Blue)would have been the one to miss that one if I understand the 4 man mechanic correctly on that.

While I have not seen much baseball on TV this year, it just seems to me the guys in the majors are missing more call than normal. I still feel that they totally kicked the Posada interfernce call against the Mets. The ball went under Piazza in the 1B cutout area, hit Posada behind him and they ruled F4 could have gotten there. Yeah if he was playing in right field. There was no shift on so there is no way you can figure F4 would have gotten way over there. Replay showed F4 not even in the background.
As well it seems strike zones look to be more inconsistant as well. Maybe questec has something to do with that as blues have admitted to changing their strike zone in tec parks.

These guys are the best and I don't want to seem hard on them (Angel Hernandez nailed an absolute tough call Wednesday night against Jeter in the 9th at 1b where Jeter was out by a fraction of an inch with the pitcher falling), but for some reason it SEEMS the overall level is down a little this season.

[Edited by cowbyfan1 on Aug 13th, 2004 at 05:46 AM]

Need an out, get an out. Need a run, balk it in.