View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 16, 2001, 12:45am
Official Forum Member

How I would rule you ask. That’s unimportant. For I am the untutored and uninformed that you have so often mentioned. In this situation we’re not playing stump the ump.

Robert wanted the answer to a question. I believe my answer to his question was the best as I gave the rule and it tells how the person who saw the play should call it. (By the rule). I gave no WHAT IFS or examples of others plays that are totally unrelated. I didn’t give a portion of the rule or speak in a parable to empress anyone with my literary prowess. I gave the correct ruling to the person that saw the play and the only person that is capable of giving the correct call.

I was speaking of the Clamitts(?) as in Jeb and the McCoys as in Walter Brennon(?).

Cobber
I just read your most recent post. I got to disagree. How can you say the catcher has full control of a pitched ball in the amount of time it took that bat to travel just short of 360 degrees. Secondly the rule says "before the catcher has securely held" Besides that if the Pros don't call interference on the back swing why on earth would we do it in youth ball?

rex