Thread: Counting
View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 05, 2004, 10:27am
Official Forum Member

Maker ,(wait that doesn't sound right either as it has some sexist overtones)If "week" is the worst thing I am called when officiating (Or on the board) then I know I am doing a good job

I worked a mens league game last night (against my better judgement) and my partner was a good , veteran official but he made some calls against Team A that were in my opinion really questionable . The Team A was really giving him a hard time and it seemed that he was going out of his way to call things on them and some of those calls were plays directly in front of me that IMO were not fouls or violations.. I said nothing to him about it during the game and when Team A team asked me why he made those calls in front of me I just told them that he had a better angle . At the end of the game which Team A lost on a 4 point play with 2 seconds left there was nearly a incident with my partner and about 4 of Team A members . IMO my partner should have walked away but he stayed and argued with them which could have gotten ugly .
My question is what if anything do you say to your partner if you feel he went out of his way to penalize a team ? Keep in mind I am talking about a mens league game and NOT High School or any other kids games because I feel that they are completely different animals .