Thread: Doubleheader
View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 31, 2004, 12:13pm
Elaine "Lady Blue" Elaine
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Elaine Send a message via Yahoo to Elaine
Talking

Right on, Dan! If you LOOK the part, you can sell it.

I had a similiar situation several years ago in HS ball. Home team from a AAA school in Atlanta suburbs, visitors had traveled from Columbus, Ga about 90 minutes away.
According to Ga HS rules, an administrator must be with each team, not just coaches.
Well the parent (Army Colonel from Ft. Benning) I had trouble with was the vistor's main pitcher. She had a VERY hard time hitting the strike zone. Well, he wanted me to call her "chin music" pitches-strikes. Yeah, right. Since I didn't, he started raising He-- in the stands. Then, he went behind the backstop and criticized every call on his daughter and the Home team pitcher. After 4 innings of this, I'd had enough. Went to the head coach of the visitors, and asked to see their administrator. They didn't have one! So, I asked if any of them were teachers at the school, yes all coaches. I told the Head coach, "You are now the administator, and you are to tell the pitcher's father to either shut up, or he may leave the area." Ok, he tried and colonel refused. I told the coach either he goes or YOU go. Finally colonel backed off about 50 feet and shut up. Coach removed his daughter as pitcher, and lo and behold, the other 2 pitchers were like SP! ARGGGH! Long game folks, home winning by a tremendous lead in 5th. Walked through home dugout, grabbed bag and BU and headed for parking lot----here comes the colonel. Screaming and shouting about his DD was good, had excellent pitching coach, etc. and demanded I stop and talk to him.
I did "Sir, the game is over. I'm not in the Army and if you don't leave me alone, I will call the police for terriostic
threats!" He FINALLY shut up.
So, beware when trying to eject parents, but if it comes down to it, proceed with caution. If 2 games, talk to coach and parents BEFORE 2nd game and lay out the rules!
Sorry this was so long! LOL

See ya on the field!
Georgia High School NFHS (retired)
Mom of former Travel Player
National Indicator Fraternity 1995