View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 14, 2001, 08:18pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Re: Re: Re: I thought......

Quote:
Originally posted by bob jenkins
Quote:
Originally posted by JugglingReferee

No, they did not put time back on the clock. I feel that there was a timing error. The basket was scored with 1:00 left. .5 sec for lag time yields 59.5s. The clock was stopped at 56.4s, and the ball was inbounded with that time on the clock.

..Mike
THe clock stops when a basket is made within the last minute of play. If the basket is made outside of that time (i.e., 1:00 or more), then the clock continues to run -- it does not stop when it gets to 1:00.

So, if the ball went through the basket with 1:00 or more, then the clock wouldn't stop until the team calle the TO -- apparently at 56.4 (I didn't see it).

I don't think this is something that instant replay can be used for (but I'd have to check -- I didn't pay a lot of attention to that section of the rule book since my games usually don't have a monitor at the table )
Ok. I was just going by what the other posts had said about the clock stopping with 1:00 or less, not less than 1 minute.

Can you tell me the rationale behind this 1:00 or more / 1:00 or less difference?

..Mike