View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 14, 2001, 08:01pm
Do not give a damn!!

The only problem I had

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
When the season started, many officials complained about the new FT mechanics. You know, lead administers all FTs and the trail or center doesn't step in. Some states didn't even implement the changes. So now that the season is over, how does everyone who used the new mechanics feel about them?

1- Did you have problems, as center or trail, remembering not to step into the lane?

Not really. After the first 2 or 3 games in the summer, I had this down.

2- Where there any problems with the wrong number of shots being awarded?

A couple of times, because either a player screen us off or my partner did not make good eye contact.

3- Did the change help the pace of the game?

I think it did.

4- Do you like the changes, now that you've used them for a season?

Yes, very much so.

It just seems as there was so much complaining prior to the season, yet I didn't hear any griping after the season started. Perhaps it wasn't as bad as everyone thought it would be.

I was concerned that officials were going to get lazy and not make good eye contact or not pay any attention to the other official giving the signal. At least the officials I worked with I thought things went well. But I did not realize that NCAA Men's Basketball went to the change. I did not realize this until I saw it in person at the Big 10 Tournament. Did they do this all season, or was I not paying that close attention while watching TV games?