View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 26, 2004, 01:28pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dexter
Quote:
Originally posted by RecRef
Here in Northern Virginia we have to arrive at the gym no later than 30 min before the game for Frosh and JV and 45 min to 1 hour for V. Sport coat/suit coat, tie or turtle neck for the men and business dress for the ladies. The only exception is the military uniform of the day. We can be fined for repeated violations.

Ref with folks from the Pentagon much?

BTW, uniform of the day? Is Monday USMC?
For those who don't know (not suggesting Dexter is one), uniform of the day essentially means the military uniform required for the section you work on any given day. In my experience with the Air Force, it could either be dress blues, BDU's, or cook whites.
Although if I were to ever ref a game after a day in military uniform, I'd most likely take a change of civilian clothes with me to work to change into before I left the base.

Around here, most middle school AD's look confused when you ask them for a place to change. They then point you to the bathroom, and I end up putting my bag behind the scorer's table. Same thing with summer leagues. I much prefer the ability to change clothes and make it less obvious that I'm the ref when I'm not in the gym. I guess I just prefer the low key approach.
High school stuff (my experience is sub-varsity) I always change on site; and try to wear slacks or khakis with a collared shirt.

Adam