View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 22, 2004, 05:47pm
Official Forum Member

To ask someone to go home after work to change into clothes that will be worn for only a few minutes is just silly.

Officiating fees are paying us for the job on the floor. We should generally arrive at the games in a clean presentable fashion. Suits or sport coats are extreme overkill for any HS game. If a person wears one to their day job, keeping it on is fine, but I don't think anyone should be expected to change into a suit just to travel to the game and perhaps sit in the stands for 15 minutes.

I'd even go so far to say that someone who works construction or some other job where they might get dirty should be permitted to go to a game in construciton clothes and clean up at the game site.

Luckily, I work in an industry and for a company that cares only about the work you do and little about how you dress (except in the areas where it would be a safety issue or a direct detriment to the job).

To my games, I wear what I wore to work that day. Often, it is jeans and a knit shirt. Sometimes slacks and a knit shirt. Never a suit. Never a tie. Sometimes, it's a T-shirt.