View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 21, 2004, 11:30am
Do not give a damn!!

I think we need to make it clear that everyone cannot always wear a suit because of the job they have. That might be a problem for some to come in a suit if they are a contractor and do not work directly out of an office. So I would always talk to my assignor about that if you feel that is a problem.

I think the main issue is to wear things that represent professional look. You are going to a game so wearing a suit is not always the best thing, but there are folks that wear that at their business. I try to wear foliating polo shirts or something that represent my job in a polo shirt. I always wear nice slacks and dress shoes. I do this at every varsity and college game I work.

Now I think that this has to be made clear. You should do the same if you are working a sophomore or JV game on the same night or right before a varsity ball game. You will be seen by people that would not ordinarily attend a lower level game and you need to impress those with your professionalism. When you are doing a JV Saturday morning game, wear something that you are comfortable in.

Peace