View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 19, 2004, 03:08pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to lildani14 Send a message via MSN to lildani14
Well this past weekend the team I play for won the State Championship and we had to come through the losers bracket to do it. (shameful bragging ) My first question is about time limit. We played with a 90 minute time limit for both championship games, granted we got in a full 7 innings, is there a time limit for title games?

Next question happened top of 7, 2 outs, runner on 2nd of the "if" game. B1 at the plate and out pitcher starts her initial motion but stops before seperating her hands to go into the windmill. She did end up stepping off the front of the rubber but never delivered the ball. Umpire ruled a ball after a few seconds of thought. 1st base coach basically ends up going off about a balk and its a ball and a base. Umpire tells him it was not an illegal pitch so no base.

Coach takes explanation so we continue on, but before pitcher can throw again, 1B coach calls time and questions call again. He's starting to get heated and him and umpire have an up-close and personal discussion about it, not tossed though. (I'm 1st baseman, I got to see it all)

Umpire then goes to partner and they converse and agree ball no base. Coach then protests, UIC comes down to field and he also agrees, ball no base. Game continues and we get batter to ground out to pitcher for third out and championship.

So question is, did Blue get it right?