View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 11, 2001, 08:12pm
Official Forum Member

OK, he went "ballistic" on the call, but not swearing or to the point of deserving a technical. What he did was argue we had told him one thing before the game, when he specifically asked us about that play, but called it another way when he implemented the play in the game. He stayed in the coach's box during the discussion (or at least close), and we calmly tried to explain that we had previously said the play was legal ONLY after a made basket. Yes, he was raising his voice as he argued his point, and the game was held up a tad, but we considered it simply a matter of giving him an ear and an explanation before moving on. I do agree, though, that had we called a "T" instead of a violation, it would have made the situation much worse. That's why my gut was that it was a violation, because a "T" just didn't seem to fit the crime. Well, it was my partner's call, anyway, and he got it right. We pointed out chapter and verse from the book when we saw him before the "final" on Saturday, and he was fine about it (of course, he had won the game on Thursday).