View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 16, 2004, 03:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jbambas
Probably a real no-brainer for you regulars out there but for this weekends tournament it says that the one minute rule (warmup time between innings is to be strictly enforced). However, it says that the next 1/2 inning starts immed after the 3rd out. It can't possibly mean 60 seconds from the 3rd out, or does it? Through all my HS FED games to my 16U ASA rec games I've never really enforced a strict time limit betrween innings (although I'm aware that there is one), I just make sure we keep the game moving. So I'm at a bit of a loss, I just want to make sure I'm being fair to both teams before the yelling starts and the coaches go flying.

Thanks,

Jeff
Speaking ASA.

Yes. Read the definition of "inning" in rule 1 and then check 6.9. It specifically states that at the beginning of each half inning....

The rule is never strictly enforced, but it is a great tool to get teams to get their *** in gear.

Played our 18U States last night. Team meeting outside dugout EVERY half inning by both teams, no hustle by players to get on and off the field, etc. Talk about making an evening looooonnnnnngggg!