View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 13, 2004, 02:24pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Noobie advice

Quote:
Originally posted by WindyCityBlue
Carefull there, the coach has to leave the game and take no further part in that game. It says nothing about been able to communicate via signs. I would probably interpret that as trying to take part in the games however I am just pointing out the fact. BRD. pg 106, Section 161.

I understand how you would construe it and I have no problem with our common interp. But, a lot of noobies come here and believe what they read.
DO NOT ALLOW A COACH THAT HAS BEEN EJECTED TO COMMUNICATE IN ANY WAY WITH HIS TEAM - UNLESS A PLAYER HAS BEEN INJURED AND HE IS ASKED TO COME BACK OUT.
He has been banished for reason. Allowing him to communicate via signs is no different then allowing him to speak the instruction. Base and bench coaches use signs to communicate and we know that is communication. How could anyone think that a banished coach flashing signs to a player could be anything different?

I read your posts and they are usually pretty good. This one alluded to something that can set a less experienced official down a dangerous path, though.
I hear you and agree.

For the record I must correct myself. BRD pg 106 Section 161 only states "Interesting enough the book does not prohibit communication". I added via signs.