Thread: Multi Sport
View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 13, 2004, 12:48pm
Official Forum Member

I do FP softball, volleyball and wrestling. They are so much different that is in not a real issue. I did find one real odd thing about officiating, in high school my favorite sport was wrestling, and it now is my least favorite to officiate. I don't know if it is because of the male aspect of the sport, meaning that the intensity seems to be higher between coaches and parents when it is their sons competing instead of their daughters. It is funny if you asked me 10 years ago to rate how I felt about the sports I's say wrestling, volleyball, softball. But my preference in officiating now is softball, volleyball, wrestling! I guess I got one rated correctly!

And of course as almost all others have mentioned you HAVE to study, and restudy the rule book every year before during and after the season! I agree with one poster that mentioned it is easier to get started in one or two sports then add them gradually, I started with ASA softball and then jumped into all 3 high school sports at once! It did make it hard the first year, except for softball as I had a good base knowledge to start with.

[Edited by DaveASA/FED on Jul 13th, 2004 at 01:51 PM]