View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 11, 2004, 11:54am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Here's a game which I wasn't involved in, and didn't even see, but was described to me by the refs who worked it. Two weeks later, I'm still wondering what I would have done.

Team A, up by 40, still pressing in the last 3 minutes of the game. Coach B is complaining loudly, but Coach A isn't budging. Finally with 2 minutes left in the game, Coach B calls a time-out, and tells her girls to inbound the ball and then immediately hand the ball to a team A player. The girls did this for the last two minutes. Coach A had the onions to complain to the refs about Team B's sportsmanlike attitude! He wanted the refs to call this handing-off thing a "travesty" and give them a technical. Sheez. Ref replied, "I can't make you take the press off, and I can't make her keep playing against it." I think this is about as much as the refs can do. What do you all think.
I think I would have done by the same thing as coach B, but started with 3 minutes left in the game!

Coach B could also ask coach A to sub in all his players that haven't yet scored and "we'll make sure they scor ethis game."