Thread: Quick Out
View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 11, 2004, 08:05am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BoomerSooner
Hey guys, I asked for this not to become a personal attack. I'm not the coach (just helping out) and do actually umpire. I've never been faced as an ump with a situation like that from any team that I have ever worked. I did feel kinda guilty lending advice to try to take advantage of the rules in this situation, but honestly, in a world where coaches continue to go to the mound or have conferences with runners to run the clock what's so horrible about wanting the kids to play more (and we've all seen it and tried to stop it, but we can only do so much because quite frankly its in the rules that coaches can talk to their players).

More than anything it was a curiosity question...to see if anybody else could think of anything, and not to start a personal battle. I think if this is my first encounter with a situation like this in 6 years of playing or umping softball, I don't think this situation will come up so often that just discussing it in a cordial manner is going to upset the softball world too much.