Thread: Quick Out
View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 11, 2004, 12:06am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BoomerSooner
I know getting a quick out isn't exactly in the spirit of the game, but I don't think softball, or baseball for that matter, was intended to be played with a time limit, so here is my question...can anyone think of a legal way to get a quick out in this situation to prolong the game another inning.

Please do not knock my ethics if you feel this is unethical. I am actually quite undecided myself as to whether something like this is something that should even be done.

In its defense though, I will point out teams foul in basketball to stop the clock and as I stated above I don't know of any code of rules that requires a time limit of softball games.
Son, you are lost. There is no doubt you are on the wrong board.

BTW, the purpose for the time limit stems from the teams wasting time and not enough hours in the day to provide the teams with the amount of games they demand to play in certain tournaments.

If you have a problem with the system, take a look at yourself for a definition of why the system (rules and code) are presently set up they way they are.