View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 10, 2004, 01:09pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
I think that's all you can do, Juulie. I mean, what else could you do? I don't think a T for "travesty" is a good move here. The losing coach was making his point in a legal way, how can you penalize him for it?

In fact, I saw something similar once in the NBA All-Star game. I forget the year, but the West team was winning big. In the last 30 seconds or so, an East player stole the ball and took it in for a fabulous dunk. Magic Johnson happened to be the guy who was inbounding the ball after the dunk (his team was winning, remember) and he just passed it to the next East player coming down the court. So the next East player also took it in for a fabulous dunk. Magic inbounded it to the next East guy. . . for about the last 30 seconds of the game. Obviously different, b/c nobody really cares about who wins that game, but the point is, if you want to give your opponent the ball, how -- by rule -- can the ref stop you?