View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 07, 2004, 09:54pm
Official Forum Member

Same problem

I run into the same problem.

I usually bring one of those green Gatorade squirt bottles for the ease of squirting, it's small enough to be in play without being in the way, and it usually holds enough water for one game, and I can refill it between games.

When I get to the field, I check the backstop. Often times the fence will have curled up at some point, and I stick the water bottle there. It stays out of the way, easily accessible to me, but not out in the middle of the fans or players. It can even plug up a gap if the gap is small enough.

If there isn't a gap or a curl, I lay it down about 60 degrees from a line extending directly behind the point of the plate (I just stood up and tried to eyeball it). That keeps it out of the way on a passed ball 95% of the time, while keeping it accessible to me.

I don't like having to walk past players or leave the field of play to get to a water bottle. I see it as asking for trouble, not to mention that if it is easily accessible to fans and players, you might find something undesirable in your water.

Hello again, everybody. It's a bee-yooo-tiful day for baseball.
- Harry Caray