View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 04, 2004, 04:05pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by WindyCityBlue
LDUB -

I read your note about my basketball mention. If you recall, I brought this up to illustrate a point made by Jurassic that in basketball you can never change the judgement call of another official. I gave a ver specific example of an out of bounds call in the NCAA Tourney. I thought that the issue would die there, but a few of us can't seem to grasp the word play involved. Over-ruled/Changed/Corrected whatever you want to use...go ahead. The simple fact is that if an official makes a crucial error of judgement, we are seeing drastic changes in how they are handled. I back up all of my opinions with examples or fact. If this play was an aberation, IT STILL HAPPENED and they cannot dismiss that. In baseball we see a very real movement to get the call right. You have seen that my baseball knoweldge is as sharp as anyone here. I don't claim to have a wealth of basketball talent. I do however recognize that when people use the words never, always and without fail, that they are often in error. I am educated enough to be able to point these things out and attempt a reasonable discussion. I also know that a lot of rookie officials watch what transpires here and glean some of it. My purpose is to teach, share and correct any bad advice given here. I can be sarcastic and caustic, when the advie is horrible or the opinion arrogantly misplaced. However, I also contribute to the betterment of my brethren through the better share of my posts. Most know that when they see WindyCityBlue in the signature, there's something there that is logical and backed by fact and/or years of experience. You may not agree with me, but if you choose to argue, back it with a real situation and do it logically. I appreciate your candor and ask that you step back and look at the bigger picture. If I'm wrong (and I have posted mea culpas here) I will admit it. When it comes to this discussion, much to Jurassic's chagrin, I am happily gloating. You see ego is a very big part of the officiating recipe. We all smile when we leave teh field after we know the job was perfect. I'm leaving the field now, I backed up every call, and it's ear to ear, baby.
NCAA Basketball Rule 2-2-3- "No official shall have the authority TO SET ASIDE or question decisions made by the other official(s) within the limits of their respective duties".

You seem to have a comprehension problem, Windy. A very big comprehension problem. You seem completely unable to comprehend written rules. The above basketball RULE simply states that one basketball official CANNOT overrrule another basketball official, no matter what any baseball umpire may try to claim.

No chagrin from me at all, Windy. If you wanna pretend that the rule cited above doesn't exist, hey, go ahead. To be quite honest, that's about what I expected from you anyway. You're completely out of your area of expertise, but you're still trying to bull**** your way through.