View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 03, 2004, 05:03pm
Do not give a damn!!

The wrong issue is being discussed.

I do not think anyone is complaining that a call can be changed. But there is disagreement as to who does it and what procedure should be followed.

The only person that should change a call is the umpire that made it. And if there is something that is obvious like a dropped ball or a home run call, the umpires should have no problem changing the call. But to suggest that you see something different on a call you did not make, then change the call is ridiculous. That is really all that this discussion from at least my end has been about. But when you talk about pulled feet or tag or no tag calls, it better be the calling umpire that asks for help, and then gets it from his partner.

We all make mistakes and should not be stubborn to admit the real obvious ones. But the bang, bang calls that where no obvious situation took place, I do not feel that an umpire should ask for help if they saw the play. And a partner should not take it upon themselves to give information that has not been discussed in a pregame.

Peace