View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 03, 2004, 02:07am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by WindyCityBlue

I could have sworn that you and Rut both commented that judgement calls don't get corrected/over ruled/ changed. I gave you a specific example of a basketball game that refuted your statement regarding this same scenario. You still insist it can't happen, so I guess Texas tech should file a protest.
Windy, I very specifically said that a basketball call cannot be overruled. Nothing's changed. It still can't be overruled. In the Texas Tech game, the official changed his own call. He was NEVER overruled by another official because NCAA rules do not permit that. I cited the NCAA rule that states that exact fact very,very explicitly. I ain't gonna waste my time citing it again. You WERE wrong then. You are STILL wrong now.

At no time, did either Rut or I state that a basketball call couldn't be corrected or changed. We did state that a call could only be corrected or changed by the official that originally made the call. However, at NO time can that official EVER BE OVERRULED BY ANOTHER OFFICIAL! You don't overrule yourself.

At least you admitted why you started this same old/same old crap up again by posting a new thread on an old theme that rightfully got shut down- so you could GLOAT. If it feels good, hey, go ahead and do it. That's an admirable trait to have - fer sure.

[Edited by Jurassic Referee on Jul 3rd, 2004 at 03:09 AM]